Friday, April 24, 2015

Week #8



    Before I started my fieldwork hours, I still wasn't sure what I wanted to major in.  I had changed my major 4 or 5 different times, and thought maybe I would give Elementary Ed a shot. I love kids, but never thought teaching was something that I would be interested in. Going to a class room each week completely changed my mind! After having spent over 20 hours in the classroom with these kids, I couldn't love them more than I do. I know teaching is what I need to do in order to make a difference in the lives of others.
    Even though I was only in the classroom with these kids for a short, I developed such a love for them! It was so rewarding to see these kids succeed each in their own individual way. The most important thing for me that I learned this semester, is that I want to be a teacher! I know that teaching is hard work, but the reward of changing the lives of these children make it all worth it. I still remember my favorite teach from elementary school, and I hope that someday I can be that teacher for these children, and make a huge impact on the lives of each one of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment