Friday, February 27, 2015

Week of 2/26/15


    In the class that I am currently observing, I work with a boy that has ADHD, OCD, and is bipolar. These three things combined make school a struggle for him every single day. He constantly has to have someone by his side to help him keep on track. The teacher of this class is very patient as she works with him and many other students and makes many changes to her lessons to accommodate various students.
    The specific accommodations she has made for this little boy really help keep him on task while also praising him. He has a chart on his desk and every time she sees him doing something good or staying on task, she gives him a mark, then a reward once his chart is filled. While I attend the class, I help students with various worksheets she gives them, reading, and math. He has a hard time focusing but also can't move on to the next problem unless everything on his desk is perfect. While I work with him, I repeat instructions and questions multiple times to help him stay on task while also praising him when he is staying focused. Many times I have seen the teacher allow him to leave assignments unfinished because he has given the best he can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment