Friday, March 27, 2015

Week #5

    

    I think being a teacher can be the most challenging thing, but also the most rewarding. As a teacher, it is hard to see kids struggle, yet also very rewarding to see them succeed. Teachers have to alter lesson plans according to the needs and learning styles of each child.
    The teacher I have been observing is very aware of each individual student's different needs. The first day I attended her class, she told me about each student sitting on the front row and why they were in the front. She told me the needs of each individual child and how she specifically wanted me to help them. 
   As I have helped this sweet boy the last six weeks and watch him struggle with ADHD and OCD, I can't help but think of him and how he will do in school in the long run. It is a struggle for him every single day, and all I want is for him to succeed. He succeeds everyday in his own way. Just getting one math assignment done is a big success. As he moves on throughout the years, it makes me wonder if he will always struggle with these things in school. It is hard to see your students go through hard things. As you grow to love these students, I would say that is one of the most challenging things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment